Adrenal vein sampling
Left adrenal vein:
- Simmons 2 catheter
Right adrenal vein:
- Simmons 2
- Prior to the procedure: infusion of 0.25mg of Cosyntropin diluted in 500 ml D5W, infusing at 100ml/hr.
- 6 Fr sheath
- R CFV
- +/- microcatheter
- Blood from L adrenal vein + sheath
- Get aldosterone and cortisol levels
- Blood from R adrenal vein + sheath?
- Bunch of 3 mL syringes
- Left adrenal vein: Waste 2 mL, then 2 mL x2 from left adrenal vein then repeat (L1a and L1b samples; L2a and L2b samples)
- Central vein via sheath: Waste, then 5 mL (single syringe) from sheath
- Right adrenal vein: Waste 2mL, then 2 mL x2 from right adrenal vein then repeat (R1a and R1b samples; R2a and R2b samples)